Recently I had a frenectomy, a lip and tongue tie revision for adults. If you don’t know what it is, it’s a little piece of skin holding the lip to the gum and at the base of the tongue holding it to the jaw. A small piece of skin that looks quite innocent and not important. I’ve learnt that is most definitely not the case.
It turns out ties are through our whole family. My parents have them, my sisters have them and I know some of my extended family has them. My husband has them. His nephews have them and so do his siblings and parents. No wonder our son ended up with such profound ties.
This procedure is really common for babies and often picked up because a baby is unable to breastfeed. I had no idea I had ties until my son was born and he couldn’t breastfeed. His ties were profound including profound buccal ties. He had 3 revisions in 18 months and still couldn’t feed. This is when I learnt that my husband and I have them too.
Lip and tongue tie revision for adults
A lip and tongue tie revision for adults is becoming more and more popular and the information about the impact of ties in adults is becoming more accessible.
As an adult ties have a quite a large impact on the body. You see, I’ve had almost 37 years of muscles not being used or used incorrectly due to the restriction and this creates a cascading impact on my body. It’s pulled my jaw, neck, face, shoulders and upper body all out of alignment.
There has been so much written about the physical benefits of having ties released as a child or adult, so I’m going to share with you the metaphysical changes I’ve experienced.
It’s been two weeks since my revision and it has changed my life in many ways. Here is a list of changes I have noticed over the last 2 weeks:
- My hearing has opened up. Not just physically but my clairaudience has exploded to a level that makes my old level, and one of my strongest gifts, seem like kindergarten. I’m hearing things I have never heard before. I actually feel like I am on the bottom floor of an apartment complex and I can now tune into level 3, 5 or even 20. When you think about where the restriction is in the tongue, it pulls on the ear canals. As a child I was a water baby but I always ended up with infections in the ears because looking back, they were pulled tight.
- My tongue is naturally resting on the roof of my mouth, thus connecting the meridians helping me feel more balanced, and relaxed, and grounded. States that I use to have to work very hard to maintain, are now my natural state.
- I have a sense of freedom in life that I have never experienced before. I’ve found my voice and spoken up to someone after being in a situation for 3 years that made me uncomfortable. I don’t know if I ever would have said anything. It’s connected me to my voice because I can actually speak it now in an unrestricted way.
- My nervous system has calmed down. I’m no longer locked in fight / flight / freeze mode because the tension in my body has gone. It is the most incredible feeling in the world to be in a state of relaxation without putting effort into it. My capacity to manifest has also increased. I’ve also been excellent at manifesting, it’s what my friends know me for, but now, being relaxed, it’s increased even more. It’s as if it’s fine tuned the process for me.
- I am a calmer mother. I’ve always had this trait of where I am calm, calm, calm … then bang, it’s too much and I explode, mostly on the inside but sometimes on the outside too. It’s as if the smaller things would grate me up. Since my revision I’m not feeling it on the inside anymore.
- I’m sleeping better. I actually feel rested even though I have less sleep.
- I’m more connected to my vision and purpose because I am feeling more stable in the core of me. In fact, before my lip was revised, I was filmed lifting my legs. Ankles together and straight legs raised. Then after the revision, I did the same thing and it was easier. Revising a lip actually connects to the core of you physically and spiritually.
- My whole head is relaxed. All the tension in the scalp has gone making it easier for me to think. Brain fog has greatly reduced. I feel I have more energetic “space” in my head which has given me “thinking room”, and with a business, toddler and a husband working overseas, I need all the room I can get. I can manage and handle situations a lot better.
- I’ve stopped clenching my jaw making me less tense as a person and making me flow with life a little easier. I’ve had the most stressful few weeks, beyond getting a revision and sickness, yet I’m flowing so much more.
- Beliefs and energy leaving the body. There have been a huge amount of belief systems, some that weren’t mine but were intergenerational, and old energy that has been caught up in locked muscles leaving my body.
Tracing Lip and Tongue Ties and MTHFR Through Your Lineage
When working with the ancestral lineage to uncover the starting point of the ties (and MTHFR Gene Mutation), I only went back to our grandparents and great-grandparents. I honesty thought it would go back a lot further than this. There have been a lot of intergenerational beliefs that have been passed down the line that have been impacting me. Releasing and changing these have really helped me heal from the procedure and support the changes that are taking place in the body and metaphysically.
I had this confirmed with the Medical Medium who talks about the virus that creates the challenges with the MTHFR Gene Mutation showing up positive, does trace back to the 1890’s / 1900’s when they were using arsenic on their domestic and commercial vegetable gardens. If you have a positive MTFHR Gene Mutation test, you need to check out the work of the Medical Medium. His work is becoming instrumental in us healing this.
Practitioners I’d Recommend:
Here are the list of practitioners and providers I’d recommend getting in contact with in regards to lip and tongue tie revisions for adults:
Meliors Simms, The Holistic Tooth Fairy, helps people heal from dental challenges and has been instrumental in supporting me, in the early days of getting ready for the revision. She is a wealth of knowledge and offers her work globally.
Enhance Dentistry‘s Therapy Program. If you are an adult or a child, please don’t just get a tie revised. You really do need to have some therapy for the muscles to teach them how to work again. It was funny for me to try and use my tongue and cheeks after my revision. I just didn’t know how to do it. My brain had only known one way and I have had to train it another. It takes 28 days to create new neural pathways, so the therapy is so valuable for that.
Helena Ryan lives in Brisbane Australia with her husband, son and border collie. When she’s not working she’s reading books, going camping or bushwalking or playing diggers with her son in the sandpit. She loves to garden and travel. She has served in the Australian Army and spent a decade as a Primary School Teacher. In 2011 she helped her husband clear his cancer, a 6x4x2” tumour around his lungs.
P.S. If this resonated with you, I work with female entrepreneurs from all around the world to identify how their ancestral lineage is impacting their business and their personal life. Find out how your Ancestral Lineage is impacting your journey and spend 45 minutes with me for just $80 AUD or connect with me on my Facebook Page.