Why we pace Ancestral Clearing …
I was recently told by someone that they wanted to clear their ancestral lineage, they wanted to know why it “takes so long”.
“I want it done now, I don’t want to wait” is what they said to me.
I told them I got it. I 100% get it. We all want it cleared now.
I also asked them to let me explain why I pace ancestral clearing in a program for my clients.
That day that I sat down to clear my ancestral lineage, I channeled my entire family line.
That is 126 sets of beliefs
I tapped into the energy of 126 different incomplete traumas.
My day began with a map in front of me and two questions
“who are these people and how are they impacting me?”
“what beliefs did I inherit from them?”
As the day progressed I wrote down so much information. I forgot to eat. I ignored my phone. I just channeled and wrote, channeled and wrote, channeled and wrote.
By the end of the day I was exhausted. My head was spinning and no amount of smudging could get me grounded. I felt like I was floating, and not in a good way. I had sleepless nights and often woke up at 4am, unable to go back to sleep. It took me a good two weeks to recover from it.
That day, I really didn’t know what I was doing or what I had tapped into. You see I accidently discovered how to clear ancestral lineage. I never intended on this happening.
What I didn’t recognize back then that was the door I was opening. I had no idea the impact of ancestral clearing would be on myself nor my family. It was one big incredible accident. If only I knew that the best way forward was to pace ancestral clearing.
The year that followed on from the day I created the very first ancestral clearing process was a big year. I came face-to-face with so much of my “stuff” following on from that experience. It was if the Universe kept showing up all the things I needed to shift within myself.
At times it was very full on and emotional.
Without trying to sound cheesy, our life is like an onion and our ancestral history is one whole piece of the onion layer. When you peel that entire piece off, the next layer is exposed.
What I’ve discovered is that next layer is ourselves. You peel back that entire piece in one go, or very quickly, you end up looking at yourself, I mean really looking at yourself. And it can be intimidating, confusing and overwhelming with a huge amount of joy and discovery.
I do not want my program to be a “soda can” program, which is why I pace ancestral clearing. The kind of one where everything is shaken up, the lid is open and out you fizzle and by the time the bubbles are gone, I’ve walked away leaving you to sort it out for yourself. I’ve had a number of friends attend weekends with very well known, global personal development super-star where they are one in thousands in attendance and they’ve come home where some have left relationships, gotten tattoos, changed business direction or invested thousands on themselves, only to discover, when the bubbles dissipate, they have made a mistake in the moment, regretted the decision or are traumatized by the experience.
One of my friends told me once, the high she was on from the conference, she almost signed up for a program costing tens of thousands and was so glad she didn’t. Once the energy settled, she realized she would have made a terrible mistake.
This is not the intention of ancestral work. We are clearing a huge amount of energy from within you, that isn’t even yours, that’s playing out in you.
My year following on from my ancestral work did feel like the “soda can” for a while. If I had my time again, I would have paced it.
Here are my 5 reasons why I pace Ancestral Clearing:
- This is one of the only modalities where work on clearing a large number of family members and their patterns. The closest that might come to intergenerational pattering is Family Constellations. When my parents had a family constellations session over 10 years ago, the man who stepped in for my grandfather’s energy needed to go outside and smoke 3 cigarettes and spend a lot of time on his own due to the intensity. They worked on one family pattern across 3 generations. We are working with 7. Now, I’m not trying to scare you, yet it’s important to understand that we are working with the energies of quite a number of family members, all impacting you. So it is a big energy you are shifting. It takes time to hold that space.
- It takes time to integrate. After I channeled my family history, I spent months, and even to the day still see the patterns that I channeled. At first I would stop what I’m doing, thinking or feeling and recognize where this comes from. The intensity would leave the situation, or I would have so much forgiveness for myself or the family line that it’s come from. So much awareness takes place after an ancestral session that you do spend time thinking about what you’ve uncovered and your family. You need time to allow this awareness to consciously integrate into your life.
- All of your ancestral stories and beliefs live inside your cells, in your DNA. It is a big driving force behind behavioural responses and beliefs. Some of the belief systems I come across are so heavily ingrained that they actually need time. It’s not a case of ripping the band-aid off really quickly, but more a slow ripping off allowing time to adjust. I’ve been guided, many times, to begin the healing of intergenerational healing beliefs in a layered process. I use to believe removing them all in one hit was a good idea until I saw the consequences of ingrained intergenerational belief systems. The body, being the densest body we have, does need time to adjust. It’s the last place to “get it”.
- Most of the trauma we receive from our lineage is incomplete trauma. Situations where beliefs were formed, they were shut down, they weren’t heard or were misunderstood. Some of these traumas were big traumas from war or abuse while other traumas were being ignored as a child or having bouts of illness. If we work too quickly through the ancestral lineage, we can get in the space of wanting to heal it without giving it the time to honour the stories and experiences our ancestors went through. I have found that the biggest gift of healing you can give your ancestors is to witness their stories and forgive. It takes time to do this.
- I have found that the clients I attract are highly conscious clients. They are the ones in the family who can hold that space for family. While we focus the ancestral work on you and how it’s impacting you, we have awareness that it greatly impacts the extended family and beyond. For myself and many of my clients, our extended family haven’t necessarily been involved in personal or spiritual healing nor understand how energy plays out. Rushing through this can impact the extended family and I am mindful of that. My sister in London was greatly affected while I was clearing. She rang me one day to ask me what I was doing because she was driving and laughing and then crying and then laughing and then crying for no apparent reason right at the same time I was clearing the lineage, she had this desire to reach out to me.
Time is just a physical concept. We might have our dedicated sessions together, yet the healing is taking place all around you. The moment you commit to clearing your lineage, the healing begins.
I watch the energy begin to shift the moment a client decides to clear their line. It’s an instantaneous impact that the energy responds to.
Each session together the healing process occurs. You aren’t waiting to the final session for healing to begin. The final session is the completion.
I hope this has given you some understanding that there is method in my madness and why I encourage my clients to pace ancestral clearing.
Helena Ryan lives in Brisbane Australia with her husband, son and border collie. When she’s not working she’s reading books, going camping or bushwalking or playing diggers with her son in the sandpit. She loves to garden and travel. She has served in the Australian Army and spent a decade as a Primary School Teacher. In 2011 she helped her husband clear his cancer, a 6x4x2” tumour around his lungs.
P.S. If this resonated with you, I work with female entrepreneurs from all around the world to identify how their ancestral lineage is impacting their business and their personal life. Find out how your Ancestral Lineage is impacting your journey and spend 45 minutes with me for $125 AUD or connect with me on my Facebook Page.